Saturday, June 11, 2005

Rain, Rain, Go Away. . .

So, it's raining today, which could be good or bad. It could be good because I'm hoping it will get it out of its system by tomorrow. Or it could be bad because it might spite me by just getting started, which could result in a really screwed up picnic.

Yes, our church picnic is tomorrow. The one that I got thrown into organizing, but hey, you gotta expect that in church work! It actually took care of itself, which was a blessing. I only had to take care of buying the food. Who's bright idea was that? I'm no good at buying mass products for big events. I'm sooooo bad at estimating. I guess we'll see tomorrow how close I got. All in all though, it will be fun and people won't care. If it rains, it will be in the church, and I know that we won't run short on food: 1) Because it is a half potluck picnic (the church only provides the meat and buns, people bring everything else), and 2) I bought way too much food (which can be used again).

I'm really bored today. I put in about 3/4 of a day at work, making sure we have everything for the picninc. Actually, by the time I'm done, it will be a full day as I still have to write a children's talk. Oh well, it deals with the boredom.

What I really, really want to do is go play in the rain on the beach. Unfortunately it's too cold. My friends, don't call me a wuss. I know it's not truly cold compared to the -40C winters in Edmonton, but it's enough to get me sick. Right now I cannot afford to get sick because I'm going to Ahousat on Thursday (YAY!). BUT if it were warmer, I would so be on the beach right now in the rain listening to it hit the waves. I love those sounds. hmmm. I could sleep.

Ok, no sleep, still have my children's talk. More from the sleepy Leah later(and I'll share my rant about Superstore and Bank of Monteal debit cards....grrr!).

2 Comments:

At 6/11/2005 8:15 PM, Blogger Alyson Sunny said...

giggle, Girl, I know what you mean about the rain. But I liked it today, and yes I even did a little puddle jumping with my friend from Holland. Oh things are grand. Really someone must tell me how to do the link thing, only because I don't know how.
Aly

 
At 6/12/2005 9:50 AM, Blogger Astley said...

I think it depends on your blog template. This new template had a links section and it gave me help on how to add to it. My other one doesn't have it.

However, it did mention adding them into the templates of those that don't have them. I'll do some research.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home