Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thank you!

Well, it's been awhile since I've updated my blog, and seeings how I'm not able to move much, I thought it would be a good time to do so.

I want to thank everyone for their concerns and well wishes as I get better. I much appreciate the love especially in the face of illness. For those of you who are concerned, I will tell you that I will be ok. I woke up yesterday morning with the flu and a couple hours later was dealing with a very sharp pain in my chest. It made for an excruciating painful morning with both going on, so I had a friend take me into emergency to make sure it wasn't anything serious. They took some xrays, gave me a shot of gravol and told me that, while painful, it wasn't anything serious and would just take time to heal (easy for them to say, hard for me to hear). They were more concerned about my hydration since I hadn't had any fluids since midnight the night before (hence the shot of gravol). After that they sent me home for some much needed rest.

After having a very good rest last night, and an even better sleep this afternoon, I can tell you I'm feeling quite a bit better today. The bowl of soup for lunch was the most amazing meal I've ever had (or at least it felt that way after yesterday), and the glass of water felt so good! I'm still in a fair bit of pain due to a massive headache (I'm guessing from lack of hydration - it feels very much like a hangover...not that I know what that is haha), and my abdomen is still very sore which makes for very limited movement. For those of you that know me, you know I don't like being forced to sit still (of my own free will I can be quite lazy though haha).

So there's my update so that all of you can know that it's nothing too serious, it'll just take some time to get back to normal. Thanks again for all your prayers and concerns.

With that said, I'm ready for more soup - or at least ready to try and make some :o)

2 Comments:

At 11/26/2008 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are alright.

 
At 12/11/2008 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We hope you are now feeling very well!
Have a very Merry Christmas and update this blog more often!

The library ladies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home