Sunday, June 12, 2005

Birthday Cakes and Smiles

Well, the picnic was a success. We did end up having it at the church as the park was toooo wet. But, it was sunny most of the day and therefore we were able to play games in the parking lot. Everyone seemed to have a great time and there was plenty of food to go around. It was actually a lot of fun to be apart of.

And, I got a birthday cake (Yay me!). It was HUGE. There's still more than half the cake left. Oh well, plenty to share with the congregation next week. They actually wanted me to take it. Problem. Right now I'm living in a one bedroom apartment and there's not a lot of room to keep a cake that size. Not to mention it needs to be refridgerated or frozen. But, someone else decided to keep it and bring it back next week. That was another problem as I won't be at the church next week do to my Ahousat mission trip.

So, I got birthday cake, and was sung to, and got gifts from some people. It was a GREAT day. Now though, it's back to boredom. Or cross-stitching. One of the two. Yes, I'm a grandma. Or in the words of Sarah..."grandpa" (but that's another story for another day).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home