Tuesday, November 29, 2005

I Am Sick of Feelings

Don't get me wrong. I love the way I feel when I'm in a relationship, when I'm out with a group of friends having a drink, when I accomplish something I worked really really hard on, and so on.

What I hate is when things are based on feelings. Feelings have their place, but they should not be the basis for anything. Our feelings are skewed from reality, whether it's because we're irrate about something or head over heals in love with someone. They are skewed.

For example, when someone says they have fallen in love. I hate the idea of falling in love, because love takes time. It takes time because it's not a feeling, it's a committment/promise/hard work/and so on. However, society has put a spin on love making it a feeling. I hate it when people say they broke up with someone because they "fell out of love" with them. Again, you don't just fall out of love with someone. It takes time. I think it can happen, but it's a choice (maybe not conscious) and it takes time and situations that 'poison' the relationship.

Now don't go thinking I'm all depressed about something. I was told I needed to update my blog and this a rant that I've wanted to get out for awhile. I realize that feelings are good. I love having feelings. It just drives me nuts when people base facts/decisions/ideas on them. I also realize that it's the hardest thing to do(keeping feelings out of it), especially when it comes to dealing with high strung situations (however in these situations, feelings are usually involved because someone was hurt, and you need to look out for yourself - like I said, there is a time and place for feelings).

I say this, but I know I'm guilty for it too. Maybe it's the emotional aspect that I'm trying to hit on. What is the difference between emotions and feelings?

Anyways, this has been brought to you by the woman who is irrate herself, and she is over and out!

2 Comments:

At 11/30/2005 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta say I'm inclined to agree with you and yes, we all need our rants once and a while, I know you've read mine. Eat some chocolate and you'll feel better; it works every time.

 
At 11/30/2005 5:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

might i say that i agree with you.
all feelings can go to hell.
i hate them.
can we say bad day?
yup!
BAD DAY!

love ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home