The Taste of an Ass. . . (part 1)
Interesting title eh? Well, shortly you'll probably see the bitterness coming out of that statement. Actually, if you could know the whole story, detail by detail, you would know that bitterness is actually flowing/pouring/gushing (pick one) out of this statement. Neal and Jenn, having worked in retail, will agree. People can be idiots.
So I'm sitting here at almost 3am, and I can't sleep. Why can't I sleep? Because of a situation at work this evening. I keep thinking to myself, "what have I done?", "What's going to happen next?", "Did I handle this the way I should have?", and on and on and on and on and on (I'm tired, my mind keeps getting stuck on the track). Unfortunately I cannot tell you the whole story, at least not until I deal with what happens next, if ever.
Anyways, so this situation this evening has never happened to me before. I had a situation where a group of students were not following procedure (rules in layman's terms) in regards to privaledges in the library. We confronted them. However, when I confronted them, they did not like that so much. They got pissy and angry and shouty. They wouldn't even let me get a word in. If they had, they would realize that I'm actually quite an understanding person, that I had to follow procedure (rules), but that nothing really serious was going to come out of this, except maybe a slap on the wrist(it was a stupid situation to begin with that they blew way out of proportion).
This situation makes me sick just thinking about it because it did not have to come to this if they would just have taken it normally. Man! I don't blame (Neal and Jenn and anyone else in retail) you guys for the complaints you put out about retail. I would say that this grants me a taste of it, and I don't envy it at all. Kudos to you guys for all the *crap* you guys put up with (or fight) (*changed to try to remain as close to G rated as possible :0P).
Well, I should hit the sack. Even if it does mean sitting there not actually sleeping (As I was before). I can't believe I have to get up in 3 hours. Neal, I don't think going to the piercing place tomorrow (today) is going to work for me. Either I'll be dealing with this situation, or I'll be long gone in la la land (translation = sleeping).
Hmmm....La la land. Sounds wonderful...hmmmzzzzzz.


5 Comments:
People really can be idiots, as much as I hate to say it: Concordia I dont know why but it is really bad for this. Trust me, from being a lab moniter you kind of deal with some less-then-friendly people when asking them to leave or something like that. All I can say is I feel for you, and hope everything will work out fine. Remember if something bad or wrong happens in your life thats what friends and family are for.
Thanks. I have amazing co-workers, and my friends and family have stepped up to offer support and encouragement.
Im here when you need it.
aww leah
that sucks
i saw on tv today that 1 in 7 people in canada have insomnia...let's hope you don't become one of them
try not to dwell, i know it's hard, and i do it all the time
love ya!
No worries. I won't become an insomniac - at least not at this point. That particular night was an exception for not sleeping seeings how the situation happened right at the end of my shift causing me to be all riled up before bed.
And even when I was settled down, the questions were still there because I had never been in this type of a situation before and didn't know what would happen next. But my supervisors are handling it really well, and they assured me I did everything I should have.
I'm still nervous walking down the hallways, or that they may show up during my shift tonight, or just walking to my car at night (even if it's just in the parking lot). But I'm not losing sleep over it any more.
Post a Comment
<< Home