Monday, December 05, 2005

Honorary Bass for a Second Year?

Wow! Talk about a screw up.

For anybody in choir, you would understand where my name comes from. You see, last year during choir tour, when we got our annual "awards" (silly awards given to people in choir, such as BFP - big fat pig award - rookie of the year, little miss what's on tap, etc). Anyways, my award that I got last year was Honorary Bass.

Well, I'm certainly living up to that award. Ok, so the last couple of nights were the Concordia Concert Choir's Christmas concert (with other groups like handbells, SOUL, mass choir and high school choir). The concerts were lots of fun and Mike (our director) did an awesome job. Congrats to him!

So, there's one piece that we struggled with a lot - the Barton, 'Gloria'. It turned out really good. But (yes, but), we were in the process of getting ready to sing our next piece. I thought it was the Barton. He told us to sing with support and "gusto", basically come in with security. So, I was going to give it all I had.

I come in with everything I've got....and all I can do is stop. Why? Because it wasn't the right tune. Not only that, but only the guys were singing. All I could think was, "What's going on? Why are only the guys singing?"

Why were only the guys singing? Because it was the wrong 'Gloria'. It was the one by Daley ('Gloria in excelsis') in which the guys do indeed start first.

Wow! Honorary Bass strikes again!

4 Comments:

At 12/05/2005 10:23 PM, Blogger odesa said...

i come in with the basses all the time in that song too - no worries

 
At 12/06/2005 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How I wish I had been there! I miss Concordia events!

 
At 12/06/2005 10:50 AM, Blogger Alyson Sunny said...

Oh thats funny! I wish I were there to see it. But yippee for you! HUGS and NARF

 
At 12/11/2005 12:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well...you got me vote ;-) I hope that you were the only one to notice the mistake cuz that is what counts!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home