A Little Lesson on Myers-Briggs
So, many of you have asked me what an ESFJ/P is. Well, those of you on my messenger, because that's my sign in name.
These letters come from a professional personality profile that I took called the MBTI (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator). Basically, it's like those quizes you fill in to determine what you are (ie - what kind of kisser you are, what kind of coffee flavor you are, etc), except this is for personalities and it is more accurate, seeings how it is the most professional test out there for personalities - you could even get a 32 page report done up if you wanted. I didn't go that far cuz it would have cost way too much, and well, it wasn't really my choice; Paul made us DPS students do it. Actually, many of those silly quizes we take, the ones having to do with personality are based on or take offs from the Myers-Briggs (FYI).
Anyways, now on to what my letters mean. I can tell most of you are probably bored already :0P.
E - Extraversion: I prefer to focus on the outer world of people and things. The opposite
would be Introversion.
S - Sensing: I tend to focus on the present and on concrete information gained from my senses.
The opposite would be Intuition.
F - Feeling: I tend to base my decisions primarily on values and on subjective evaluation of
person-centered concerns. The opposite would be Thinking.
*J - Judging: I like a planned and organized approach to life and prefer to have things settled.
The opposite is Perceiving.
*P - Perceiving: I like a flexible and spontaneous approach to life and prefer to keep my options
open. The opposite (obviously) is Judging.
*These two were split evenly for scores, therefore I'm both. However, they do not have a personality profile for both, so I get to pick and choose from the two that they present.
Ok, so now that you know what each of the letters stand for, you don't have to ask me on msn. However, if you'd like to find out my complete profile description (that is, what all of these letters mean combined), check out http://typelogic.com/.
In fact, if you check it out, respond back and tell me which of the two you like better for me (ie- ESFP or ESFJ) and whether they suit me at all, or if you would change anything.
That's right. I challenge you. Now do it!
Hehehe.


2 Comments:
Is that what you are? or what I should be?
ESTP for me
Post a Comment
<< Home