Sunday, August 28, 2005

You Know Summer's Over When . . .

Well, I've decided to compile a list of all the things that are happening that are telling me that summer is over and my time here in Campbell River is done.

5. Every time you see your room you realize you need to pack....but just don't have the will power to start it.

4. Just when you get used to the feeling of being left hanging from the season finale, you start seeing ads for the season premiers.

3. Your friends working in retail start talking about how they've started stocking winter items.

2. Church fall plans are starting up, and you're not apart of the plans.

And the Number One thing tipping me off that summer is over. . .

Opening the front door and seeing the Sears Wishbook sitting on the front step!



Well, my summer is coming to an end. I leave in just a few short days. I am starting to look more and more forward to school and this year, but I wonder if part of it is to compensate for the feelings from saying goodbyes. Oh well, if it gets me through the 5 hours alone, it will work. That's the worst part, is being alone for a bit. But I am so thankful that I have a friend travelling with me from Cloverdale to Edmonton. That's 12 hours that I don't have to spend alone, and she and I have some catching up to do anyways.

It will all work out, and I know that this is where God is leading me. He is teaching me to be patient, and more importantly to trust Him. May He take my hand and lead me this week, as I will need it(as I always do :0P).

1 Comments:

At 8/29/2005 12:24 PM, Blogger neal said...

Learn from my mistakes... pack now pack often!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home