Crack!
Well, I finally did it. I finally hit my breaking point. I suppose it's bound to happen when you haven't taken a day off in 4 weeks. Even if this is an awesome job, at some point there's need for time to yourself. That and it's always a good thing to delegate, delegate, delegate.
This is what I've learned from yesterday. I thought I had too much to do before Friday and Monday (parade float stuff and Vacation Bible School), and in a sense it is a lot of stuff to do. But they were small things. But to do them on my own as well as doing my other responsibilities would have been too much.
It also doesn't help that I've had stress leading up to this. I could have dealt with crunch time if it had only been crunch time (I did last year). But I'm also dealing with volunteers (yes that can be stressful cuz you gotta treat them extra special even when they're complaining about what they have to do), and I've got loads of personal stress too. All of these things though are dealable, but when they add all together and you haven't slept and had a day off in long time, you break.
Thankfully it wasn't a huge break, just a tear or two, and it was only in front of the pastor, his wife, and one of my friends in the congregation. And even more thankfully, I HAVE A DAY OFF!
That's right, I have a day off today and I'm going to Nanaimo. Me and Melissa (and her friend Tom) are all going to Nanaimo to shop and veg. Obviously I need it, so I'm definately taking it.
Anyways, that's an update on my life. Sorry it's been so long. If you hadn't noticed, I've been busy and stressed :0P. I've been trying to get up a blog with stuff about Hornby and Klemtu, but it's still coming. In the meantime, you guys can read this blog and my campout blog :0D.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home