Feeling Philosophical...Or Maybe Just Growing Up
So, originally I was going to vent to you all about how "tolerable" people are really intolerable as well (hence the "feeling philosophical"). I fall into the intolerable category if you hadn't guessed, and I'd like to share that, but it will have to wait til another time (maybe it will go alongside my Superstore and BMO cards story :0P).
But this time, I feel like sharing about me and God, because I think at many points in our lives we all have to face the "me and God" thing. So many people feel that religion is for wusses and that by relying on God we aren't facing up to the true reality of our "storms" and that makes us weak. First off, I like being weak (oddly enough), because it's then that I realize that I can't do it alone and I need God's help. Secondly, they are the ones that are mistaken, because when we do rely on God, we don't need the whole picture of our "storm" because God's handling it, and we are so much stronger for it. We are strong because He's there holding the other half of our "yoke"*. Yes there will be pain and suffering, He never promised us there wouldn't be. I mean what else should we expect, we live in a crappy, sinful, condemned world (if you didn't realize this, just watch the news). But He does promise us that He will never leave us or forsake us. He will never give us more than we can handle. Considering the kind of crap we put Him through, daily, I think that's pretty awesome.
For those who might see this and thing I'm talking crazy (maybe cuz you don't buy into it), let me tell you I'm talking from experience, actually from many experiences on both sides. In fact I'm going through some hard things right now. The difference between the two sides? When I didn't trust God and I handled it on my own I didn't know if everything was going to be alright. There were times I didn't know if I would make it through. When I do trust God, however, I know that things will work out for the best and that I will be alright (they might be different, but that's okay too). I know I can make it through.
I'm learning to trust Him, and realizing that I shouldn't and can't trust anything in the world around me, because it will fail at some point or another. Even the most behaved person will screw up. But He has remained constant in my life, when I trusted Him and when I've had my back turned on Him. He loves us so much even though we don't deserve it. Thanks God!
This is what I've learned, and truth be told I feel a couple inches taller spiritually.
*A crossbar with two U-shaped pieces that encircle the necks of a pair of oxen or other draft animals working together. *


1 Comments:
Okay, here I read something from two of my best friends. You are both always in my prayers. Leah what you wrote was beautiful, and so true. I just want to say, that although we can feel like we are falling. Like we are sinking into this deep dark hole. If we have God on our side. We never have to fear, because that deep dark hole will have sunlight at the end. I praise God everyday for you both and everyone else. God is amazing, so I pray that You take His hand and fly. Praise God for growth and Love.
Praying for you.
Alyson
Post a Comment
<< Home