Thursday, June 30, 2005

I Love My Job

So, I'm really glad right now that I am going to be a churchworker. The joy of my summer job is that I get a little bit of a preview of being a churchworker, without being permanently stuck to it (at least until I graduate).

So why do I love my job? Glad you asked. Cuz for the last two days I have been payed for pretty much coloring. Yeah....coloring! How cool is that. Yesterday I spent some 3-4 hours coloring, and I have another 3-4 hours of the same tonight. I find that not only is it great that I get paid for it, but I have always found coloring relaxing. Now there's an oxymoron....working and relaxed (hehehe).

Now, just so you guys don't "sympathize" too much, there are stressors that come with my job. For example, I just found out today that I'm now down to 3 volunteers (this includes me) for my Hornby VBS (Vacation Bible School) which will probably have 20-30 kids. Yikes! Or there's the stress of making sure I have all my craft supplies for our Craft Day, but only have a day to find out and get the supplies because we share our church facilities with another church on Sundays (this leaves Monday to organize the supplies for Craft Day on Tuesday). Or then there's the volunteers who don't listen to announcements or read them in the bulletin, but offer their help two weeks too late! (Yes Neal, I get not so bright people at work too! I don't think you can escape that anywhere).

It's an interesting job, sometimes a blast and at other times I just want to rip my hair out. But all in all, I LOVE my job!

7 Comments:

At 6/30/2005 8:07 PM, Blogger Astley said...

PS - I just bought my own set of crayons. I'm sooooo excited! (I'm such a geek...or maybe just a big kid)

 
At 6/30/2005 10:24 PM, Blogger Alyson Sunny said...

You make me smile! And ummm YEAH FOR The Crayons. I hope Rea doent get them

 
At 7/01/2005 2:56 AM, Blogger neal said...

I wish more people could be miserable at their jobs ;)

And Im not denying that stupid people exist at your job... I see them hiding in the shadows at my church (including an old German lady whom last week scolded me and told me "If the youth want money to go on mission trips they should get a job and work for it"... I bit my tounge and walked away...)

 
At 7/01/2005 8:09 AM, Blogger Astley said...

At least your church addresses the fact that you want to go on mission things. My church hardly even speaks a word to me when I go out. Did they not hear my announcements? I don't know.

OH yeah, neal did you hear? Pastor Otke took a call to Thunder Bay ON. His last service is July 31.

 
At 7/02/2005 2:22 PM, Blogger Alyson Sunny said...

Leah, note from Rea. Please put your comments to work so that people with out blogs can post. She is getting "mad" Loves

 
At 7/02/2005 2:49 PM, Blogger crashklein said...

Are you serious? Thunderbay? That's cool and yet so sad.

 
At 7/03/2005 12:17 AM, Blogger Astley said...

Yeah, thunder bay. He's going to be some sort of Street chaplain i think. I can't say for certain as I'm only hearing bits and peices. All I know for certain is I won't get to see him off :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home