77 Mosquito Bites And A Forgotten Imagination
So you might be asking yourself what these two things have in common. If you're not, well, you should be because I'm about to tell you. These two things have been keeping me up or waking me up every night now for about 4 days now.
Let me explain. We'll start with the mosquito bites.
So on Wednesday me, my sis, and Justin all went frisbee golfing once I was done work that day. So off we went to Rundle Park. And my, it was not my lucky night. Already on the second "hole" I ended up getting my frisbee stuck in a tree. And not in a way that was easy to get back. It was stuck in a branch above any of our reach and it was a branch that had lots of little branches and tons of pine needles. This caused the frisbee to be stuck good. It took me probably 20 mins getting it down - and it was Justin who actually got it down after I couldn't (I wasn't leaving it behind!). It was during this time that we realized how bad the mosquitoes were down here. And for those who don't know...mosquitoes love me. They were all over me. If I stopped walking I would have between 10 and 20 mosquitoes on each leg. So it was quite the sight when I started doing circles around my frisbee when it wasn't my turn. Then, I almost threw my frisbee into some storage area that was fenced off...just after I said it would suck if somebody would accidentally do that.
Well, the next morning (after spending all night putting multiple layers of calomine lotion on) I decided to count them. 77 mosquito bites and about 85-90% were on my legs. Just goes to show how important the bug spray is. I don't care if it is not healthy. Neither is no sleep for 4 days and the increased chance of West Nile (which a relative of mine almost died from a few years back).
Now on to the Forgotten Imagination.
I have a very vivid/realistic/crazy imagination (take your pick). It was very useful as a kid cuz it would keep me busy for hours. Now I don't use it as much - I thought I didn't use it much at all. But there was one thing I forgot triggers it really well. Novels. When I read books I get so engrossed in them that they become reality for me and I can't put them down. I get to the point where, if the novel is good enough, I have almost started conversations with real people about the people's lives in the novel (as if they were real). So if you ever see me reading a book and then start talking about a person you have no idea about or I describe them in such a way that it is not realistic, I'm probably just caught up in the book I'm reading. Sorry.
Anyways. This has been keeping me up lately because I had been engrossed in a book called Angels and Demons. It is the prequel to The Da Vinci Code (which I'm reading right now - I have this quirk where I try to read books in their proper order). Anyways, my imagination would actually transfer itself into my dreams because I would keep reading this book til right before bed. Thus not only would I get so engrossed in the book, but I would also dream about the characters and the situations, etc. I was even in the book at one point (oh boy!).
So between the mosquito bites and the imagination, I was up every couple hours dealing with (in most cases) BOTH situations each time. Calomine lotion on the legs and deep breathing to calm my heart rate.
That is my tale for now. And yes, I will remember the bug spray from now on when I go out. This is what I get for not being prepared for summer.
As for reading before bed? I make no promises....hehehe.
Go Oilers!


2 Comments:
Your a goof, that I love and really miss. Anyways you should use that imagination and write a story. you know what about. ha ha ha ha. Loves
Oh and down with Mozzies. Ps. When in June is good Crayola Town time??
Game 1: Canes have awesome come back and Rolo out for the season!
WOOOO HOOO GO Ward Go...er I mean GO CANES GO!!
Steve
Post a Comment
<< Home