I Way Too Busy For This, But....
So, yeah, I'm way to busy to be doing this, but I need to. I am making a happy list. Things that make me happy (in no particular order). Feel free to add or share some of your own...
- A certain person...giggle.
- Awesome teachers who are there for you beyond what they're paid to do.
- Awesome friends who don't get paid to be there for you in any way shape or form, but probably deserve to get paid.
- People who care enough that they won't judge no matter what I've done.
- A loving family
- God
- God's sense of humor (especially when it comes to timing).
- Being able to see my own heart (on a screen...not in actuality).
- Music
- Choir
- 7-up (it's my sugar fix right now)
- Second winds during paper time.
- Papers returned early to you because you're having a rough time and need a boost.
- The paper giving you that second wind.
- 90% on a spanish exam I didn't even study for.
- 98% - highest mark ever on a paper!
- A boss who cares enough to be concerned about my personal life.

- Struggles - as a teacher keeps reminding me "struggles are good...it means you're learning and growing"
- Listening to people
- Crying with people - believe it or not, this brings me great joy after the fact because somebody trusted me enough to be vulnerable
- Pastoral counselling
- Love
- Forgiveness and Grace
- Jesus loving me so much He will come and give me a hug despite who I am.
- Curling up and falling asleep in God's lap just as a child in her father's lap.

I feel happy now :)
PS - (happy things added to the blog):
- My mom asking if I would skip Spanish to go to a volleyball game!


9 Comments:
Thanks for writing those out, as many of them apply to others. Indeed we all need to be reminded of them too.
Steve
You know what makes me happy...
Before my list the ultimate thing that makes me happy. God's love for me! and then (in no order)
1. monday's after chapel. (you know what I mean)
2. People I can talk too about things needed to be talked about
3. My boy(s)
4. finding out how one of my boys is doing
5.laughing
6. remembering the little things in life
7. my brother and sister and parents
8. Music (singing)
9. Drama
10. reading my bible
11. When close friends succeed
12. my parents are alive. (giggle I had to throw that in!)
oh and NARF
Thanks Leah. My life hasn't been too great this week and some of those things were really nice to read.
Is Jesus a vampire in that first pic? He looks like he knocked that poor guy out and is now feeding on his sweet sweet blood.
you know what leah...
the world looks happy to you because your in stupid love.
(disclaimer: i'm not refering to your thing(whatever you call it), just love is stupid in general)
some of us are bitter, and would like to stay that way.
thank you
fair enough - that's your choice...
but when I wrote this I wasn't happy. I wrote this to get my myself out of my down mood- and that is what started my happiness of today...thank you very much.
If it helps someone else - great. If not, it helped me and that was my purpose.
It makes me happy just to know that you are happy. It's been a long road for you and and one with several bumps but I am so glad that you are walking so confidently alongside Christ who is the ultimate guide.
Keep smiling cause you're gorgeous when you do.
PS I second the NARF!
Oh matty Klien,
I agree with all that you say about Leah, she is beautiful isn't she! But I ask just one question, doest thou know what narf to the fullest extent intale?? Anyway Just wondering. Cause it was kinda funny to read you say that. giggle Have fun in the army mr. man.
Al
jack johnson and john mayer songs that i'm currently listening to and have heard sung by the boy i am currently liking make me happy...and a little bit sad.
miss you lots
love you more
Post a Comment
<< Home