Friday, September 08, 2006

What A Week!

Wow, this has been the week...especially today! Let's start at the beginning:

It all started Tuesday. I was a tour leader for orientation at school. Things went really well and I got to meet some new people. I think the tours were a little long, but I adjusted as need be, and asides from being locked out of the library on the last tour, it went well! After the tours I had just enough time to go cram a hotdog in my mouth and go cram more knowledge in my head. Why would I be doing that when school hasn't even started? Because I was taking an independent study class and my final exam was on orientation day. It was alright. It was long winded (the way he likes it) and I wasn't able to finish, but apparently that's pretty common if you do it right (so maybe I did good???).

Then came Wednesday. First day of classes! I had two classes this day: Mus 331 and Rel 248. Mus 331 is going to rock! I know tons of people in that class, and I really enjoy being taught under this prof. Rel 248 will be interesting. Actually, probably quite boring. I don't get how a person could be so expressive and yet so monotone and boring (these things seem contradictory to me!), but that's how my prof is. I also started my first day of work this day. I got to train my coworker. It was so much fun. I went to high school with her.

Well, then came Thursday. Ok, so not a whole lot happened Thursday. I had more classes...ok only one (next week I'll have two) and I had work again (this time it was shelving). The class for this day is Rel 334 and I LOVE my prof (not that way guys!..I mean that I really enjoy his teaching). Alyson would agree with me (can you guess who Alyson?). The thing that sucked though, was that I had to take my car in for a check up and a repair on the oil pan (probably just a gasket..whew!). Then Cory and I partied hard at Eberhardt watching Hook!

Now for the biggest day of all - Friday (today). Today was my surgery, so I woke up on the wrong side of the bed as it was. But I went to school to get my mind off of it and it was good. Again, it was with all my buddies in Mus 331! Unfortunately though, on my way home to get ready for the surgery, I found out that somebody I really care about passed away last night. That was hard because I was terrified of surgery AND upset about the death. I think it helped though. I think it's the same idea that in order to forget about one pain, you cause another pain. Well, this pain of losing someone I think replaced this fear that I had of the surgery.

The surgery went well - although I think they did remove bone. But I'm feeling good and it's only an hour and a half afterwards. The freezing is almost gone though. But I'm having a blast just sitting here on the couch talking with friends, watching Phantom of the Opera, and drugged up (I haven't had to take the T1's yet). Oh and did I mention I get ice cream and milk shakes for supper? Yeah, that's right! He was gonna give me T3's, but I opted against it. I was accused of being stoned on T1's and I didn't feel good at all on them, so I told him that and we both agreed that I shouldn't take them (I don't do well with codiene).

Well, that's been my week. Crazy! But for the most part fun. And now that the surgery is over, I'm feeling much better. I knew I would. I just don't like being in during the procedure. I can handle the pain and recovery afterwards. So thank you for your support when I was scared. Now I can't wait to get back at 'er!

Well, back to my movie!

Oh, I didn't mention: I have stitches! Stitches are battle wounds that you can brag about...sweet!

3 Comments:

At 9/09/2006 9:42 AM, Blogger R. Schremmer said...

Hey Leah!

Ah yes, orientation day! That explains all those kids wandering around like sheep following their shepherd / shephardess! :) I'm sure you'll do fine---if you got around to the readings! ;)

   What's MUS-331, REL-248 and REL-334? Sorry, it's been a while since I've been there! Who teaches REL-248? If it's Eckert or Krispin, bring an umbrella or sit farther back---they tend to spit when they talk (although Eckert froths at the mouth when he gets passionate about something---but watch his exams; his multiple choice questions are deadly)! Haha. Then again, those two aren't what I'd call 'monotone' or 'boring', so you're probably talking about someone else! Do you have to write papers in those courses using Turabian or SBL format? :)
   Where are you working? Aren't you still working for the library?

   You love your prof, eh? Hmm! Does his wife know about this? ;) Nah, you know I (at least) distinguish between 'love', 'like' and 'attraction'---so no misunderstanding on my end! :) How can you "party hard' while watching Hook? Were you joining the imaginary feast with the lost boys and Peter Pan? :)

   If you want to avoid waking up on the wrong side of the bed, why not just put that side of your bed against the wall? That way you'll always wake up on the right side of the bed! :) Yeah, James Avery got the call the same night that he passed away (Thursday evening) and Avery told us during chapel at the Sem. (on Friday) about his passing. He'll be dearly missed, but we thank God for the life and ministry that God provided to so many through him in this life, as well as the gift of eternal life---free from sin, disease, death and all the blahs that come with sin---which he now enjoys with our Triune God and all the saints who went before him in paradise, and we look forward to the day when we, too, will join them! :) Of course, that afternoon I also went to the funeral of a friend from CTK who had passed away a week earlier from cancer, so it was a day of transition for many who have left this sinful and temporal life in Christ, and have been called home to
their new, sinless and eternal life in Christ! Rev. Vic Esperenza delivered a powerful sermon on Friday (it's the first I've heard him preach since he graduated the Seminary many years ago)---the most surprising part was that he even brought Martin Luther into it! (Something I've never heard before, not even in a Lutheran funeral!) :)

   What did you have surgery for? (Sorry, you never mentioned that you were going for surgery!) I'm glad that you're recovering well; T3's rock (and so does Phantom)! :) Enjoy the movie and your stitches! We'll have to call you Stitch or Patches or Xyster or something. Farewell!

- Roger

 
At 9/09/2006 1:38 PM, Blogger Alyson Sunny said...

I win I win I win!! (I loose) I also enjoy your Rel 334 teacher. He is SO amazing. Aww I miss his class. I really do. He he! Oh well. He was so suprised to see me at school on Wednesday, it was kinda funny. I hope your outh feels better. Cause it has too!! Love ya

 
At 9/11/2006 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Leah...

News definitely travels fast, as I did not learn about the sad news until yesterday (sunday). It will be strange without him. I miss him dearly already

Steve

 

Post a Comment

<< Home