Which Did You Try?
My fave is the last point made. How many of you guys are gonna do this? :0p.
I did number 15, except with oatmeal; and my brother sorta did number 4 - he put silly puddy on the fan and it was all over my other brother' s room (I learned how to take silly puddy out of carpet - you need Scotch).
How about you guys? Any stupid stuff you can attest to?
The following came from an anonymous Mother in Austin, Texas:
Things I've learned from my boys (honest and not kidding):
1. A king size water bed holds enough water to fill a 2000 sq. ft. house 4 inches deep.
2. If you spray hair spray on dust bunnies and run over them with roller blades, they can ignite.
3. A 3-year old Boy's voice is louder than 200 adults in a crowded restaurant.
4. If you hook a dog leash over a ceiling fan, the motor is notstrong enough to rotate a 42 pound Boy wearing Batman underwear and aSuperman cape. It is strong enough, however, if tied to a paint can, to spread paint on all four walls of a 20x20 ft. room.
5. You should not throw baseballs up when the ceiling fan is on. When using a ceiling fan as a bat , you have to throw the ball up afew times before you get a hit. A ceiling fan can hit a baseball a long way.
6. The glass in windows (even double-pane) doesn't stop a baseball hit by a ceiling fan.
7. When you hear the toilet flush and the words "uh oh", it'salready too late.
8. Brake fluid mixed with Clorox makes smoke, and lots of it.
9. A six-year old Boy can start a fire with a flint rock even thougha 36-year old Man says they can only do it in the movies.
10. Certain Legos will pass through the digestive tract of a 4-yearold boy.
11. Play dough and microwave should not be used in the samesentence.
12. Super glue is forever.
13. No matter how much Jell-O you put in a swimming pool you still can't walk on water.
14. Pool filters do not like Jell-O.
15. VCR's do not eject "PB & J" sandwiches even though TV commercials show they do.
16. Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.
17. Marbles in gas tanks make lots of noise when driving.
18. You probably DO NOT want to know what that odor is.
19. Always look in the oven before you turn it on; plastic toys do not like ovens.
20. The fire department in Austin, TX has a 5-minute response time.
21. The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earthworms dizzy.
22. It will, however, make cats dizzy.
23. Cats throw up twice their body weight when dizzy.
24. 80% of Women will pass this on to almost all of their friends,with or without kids.
25. 80% of Men who read this will try mixing the Clorox and brakefluid.


5 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Leah, as soon as I read the brake fluid one I went "really? I have to try this." Apparently I'm not the only person who thought that after reading this.
I have done number 7 with my brother, remember that loonie toons, "Ducky go down the hole" Well Henry and I wanted to see if it was true. he he he! And clearly I must be a tom boy cause I was going to tell my dad about the brake fluid and see if we could try it!! I think we might. It could be fun! la la la la! Have fun.
I am too...I was so in with the thinking about the trying the brake fluid and clorox....I figured I wouldn't be the only one! I guess I'm both in the 80% of women and the 20%!
I can't say that I've tried any of those things listed. I have, however, tried these:
1. Urinated on my parents' radiator in the middle of the winter (I was 6 and we just moved to a place where my parents' bedroom radiator was in the same location as the toilet in the previous place).
2. When I lived in Corunna, Ontario, I took my dog for a 10+ hour walk through four or five towns before calling home and asking my parents to pick me up (I was young and wanted to go swimming at a certain beach a few towns over, but after 10+ hours of walking along the St. Clair River I didn't reach my goal and decided to call home)---my parents were too shocked to punish me and my dog was too tired to walk with anyone for the next few days!
3. I've left trails of flaming potato chips and Doritos (which burn the best) while walking down the streets of Burlington, Ontario.
4. I've set piles of potato chips ablaze on friends' stone porches before ringing their doorbell (again, in Burlington).
5. When I was young, I took live garter snakes to school for show & tell.
6. When I was a kid, I used to build controlled campfires in the forests dividing Corunna and the petrolium factories of Sarnia---usually to keep warm while taking my dog for a walk and escaping from the blah at home.
7. I used to have severe nose bleeds, and so I often thought it would be cool to soak my shirt in my own blood then walk around the house and neighbourhood with it.
8. While eating steak and fries with my mother (this was befre I became allergic to beef and pork), I dipped some fries in the blood running down the back to my throat and showed it to her before eating it (in answer to her question, "Is your nose bleeding?").
9. My dad got my dog drunk when he was a puppy; nothing quite like a drunk puppy trying to stagger up some stairs! (Poor little guy!)
10. Went swimming in an outdoor public wave pool in Ontario when I was young and lost my shorts after taking a dive---thankfully someone noticed it and shouted, "Who lost their shorts?!"
11. Went to a school for kids with learning disabilities for a year, and I pretended to be ill so I could skip out on swimming and play video games (that was how they rewarded kids for doing well in class)! Not surprising, I got caught and was banned from it for a few months.
12. When I lived in Oakville, I took my dog out on the ice when Lake Ontario was frozen, but the section my dog and I were on broke off and began drifting; I managed to jump off and got a bit wet before making it back to shore, but my dog waited too long and had to swim a bit before I pulled him on shore and we quickly made our way home!
Come to think of it, I did a lot of really stupid and odd things when I lived back in Ontario! I seem to have matured somewhat since then (probably because I don't have a dog to get in trouble with)! ;)
- Roger
Post a Comment
<< Home