Friday, June 09, 2006

Dying My Hair Blond

I'm not really dying my hair blond, but I probably should after today. So all you people who have hardworking jobs....you're not the only ones who can say or do stupid things. Here's how it goes:

So I'm in the library dealing with 3 different people. One was just a casual conversation and the other two came at the same time. Well, I chose to deal with the guy first cuz the other one was unloading her books.

This guy asks me, "Do you have a photocopier I can use?"
My response? "What would you like to use it for?"

Everybody looked at me really funny, the gal started snickering (she knows me), and he just asks, "What do you think I would need it for?"

So that was my blond moment. But now I must explain. Then after I explain, you can laugh all you want.

My reason for asking this question is because we let other department staff use our photocopier (with their own codes). He looked familiar and I thought that if he was from another department, I would let him use the staff photocopier. I now know he just looks like a very professional student/alumni person who is at the seminary??? (wasn't really able to put together the pieces of that conversation), and that I now look like a complete ditz (sp?).

Now you may laugh. My boss even laughed. It's all good.

2 Comments:

At 6/13/2006 8:40 AM, Blogger Lauren said...

Well that won't help much with the all to well known blonde sterotype! Why don't you stick with your brown hair and give brunetts a bad name instead of aiding in the already poor name of blondes.
Aha! now thats an idea if i do say so myself!

 
At 6/19/2006 2:10 PM, Blogger morgan said...

LEAH!!! i can't believe it... i missed your birthday :-O!!!

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home