Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Be Glad You're Weren't in Founders Last Weekend!

So, for those of you who have lived in Founders and "loved" it (*sarcasm*), be really thankful you weren't there this past weekend.

Today I was talking with the security about what was going on yesterday because students kept getting out of classes early. Well, turns out they kept getting out of class early because the fire alarms kept going off in the main building (which Founders is attached to). In fact, it went off 3 times yesterday.

Not only that, but it went off over the weekend too. Apparently it went off like 5 times total! So, dormies, be thankful you weren't there. Neal, it would have been yet another strike against the construction (but who's counting right? I guess I am :0P).

That's right, it would have been strike number 3 against the stupid construction (asides from the fact that it is just in the way).

Strike one: Early wake ups for Neal and lack of concentration in class for me due to loud banging and unnerving, earth shaking vibrations.

Strike two: Me having to get a nail pulled from my car and getting it patched because they had broken boards and loose nails in the parking lot the one day....grrr. It added another hour to our trip to Vancouver.

Strike three: Well, it would have been had there been dormies and regular classes this last little bit.

On a plus side? It is starting to look really good. They're finally working on level 3 and it's starting to look like they're getting somewhere. At least a little anyways. Yay! But that's about it.

(Insert Picture Here)

Now I must go and find out how I can pay for prescription sunglasses this summer. Adios!

4 Comments:

At 5/25/2006 9:12 PM, Blogger -J said...

I was there for 3 of those alarms. And it wasn't just founders it was whole main complex (with the expection of the library)

 
At 5/25/2006 9:30 PM, Blogger -J said...

To avoid making a whole post. I am jsut gonna clear thus up now, because you are are posting false information and I have heard 3 differant variations of this story and I having actually experinaced all of this I am gonna clear it up.

The Fire Alarm went off in the main complex a total of 4 times.
1. Monday at around noonish (I think)
2. Tuesday at 11:30ish AM
3. Tuesday at 6:30ish PM
4. Wednesday at 8:30ish AM

This has nothing to do with construction, this is entirly due to a fire sensor somewhere on campus that is 30+ years old and is damged. The unfortunate thing is that no one actaully knows where this particuler sensor is. It is either in Schermann or Guild Hall.

Not to acuse people of lieing or anything, just I've heard 3 variations and this what put to gether from what we experianced at work and from the Campus Fire Warden

 
At 5/26/2006 8:03 AM, Blogger Astley said...

Ok, it is a faulty sensor (that I knew), but security has been told that this faulty sensor is going off because of vibrations from the construction.

Also, there was one point over the weekend that it had gone off as well (I think Sunday).

This is what the security has said from their records.

That fact that you have heard 3 different stories doesn't necessarily mean that what I've posted is false, it means it's one of the stories going around - any of which could be false. Mine came from security.

 
At 5/26/2006 8:14 AM, Blogger Astley said...

Oh, and I witnessed all 3 on tuesday. 2 different timed classes got out early because of alarms (one morning class and one afternoon class), and then one started going off as I was leaving work at 7pm.

So it really comes down to, NOBODY knows what's going on. And I was just trying to make a point that it was a bonus that dormies weren't there cuz it would have added to their complaint list (heck, nothing else better goes on around here to post about anyways :0P).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home