Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas!

As I sat here debating how to write something...a thought occurred to me.

Our whole lives we spend waiting. We wait for one thing, and then when it finally comes, we wait for something else. It's all a bunch of waiting.

What I was going to say was "For Christmas I am giving you my patience...it's the best I can do". But it's not. I can do so much more than just be patient and continue waiting, as life seems to do.

This Christmas I will try to give you more patience. Not only that, but I will enjoy the moment I am in. Life goes by too fast - I want to enjoy what's right here now.

And that goes for everyone too - I want to enjoy our moments in life...soon enough they will be gone. So until then:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

This message has been brought to you by Leah's life lessons. hehe.

8 Comments:

At 12/26/2006 12:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, life does go by too fast. I was watching home movies from like 1995, and i still feel the same as i did then! It's crazy how fast the time goes!
And speaking of which... I'll be seeing you soon!
Merry Christmas!

 
At 12/28/2006 6:50 PM, Blogger Astley said...

It is crazy how fast life goes. When you're up for graduation in less than 6 months it really gets you thinking! Scary (well, unless I manage to get a call to southern ontario ;0P).

Yeah...we'll see you soon...we still have a coffee date to go on!

 
At 12/29/2006 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

giggle, Oh Leah.....I can not believe we graduate soon!! And then i am going to put myself to two more 9maybe more) years of school. I miss you.... hopefully we will see eachother soon.

NARF

 
At 1/01/2007 4:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

   At least you didn't ask God to give you more patience; if you did, you'd be waiting for a very long time (perhaps even YEARS) for something you want SOON, if not NOW! ;) God has a funny sense of humour.

- Roger

 
At 1/01/2007 7:43 PM, Blogger Astley said...

oh believe me...there is something I want now...that is not going to happen for at LEAST a few months - probably longer.

I struggle with patience. But like I said, I can enjoy the now of it.

 
At 1/01/2007 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

   I struggle with patience too, but I'm glad to hear that you'll likely get what you want. :) God blesses me with many gifts, but the one I want most is also the one that often seems most distant---if not at present, then always immediately after it's discovered. On the positive side, I do believe in miracles and I know that for God nothing is impossible. Maybe I just need more patience? :)

- Roger

 
At 1/03/2007 3:09 PM, Blogger Astley said...

Well...it seems that what I've been waiting for has yet again been pulled further from my grasp...so Roger, you're not the only one.

 
At 1/05/2007 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

   I sympathise with you. I was leading chapel at CLS today (using the LSB and interactive readings, which was new for some people), and I included in our prayers strength and encouragement for both those who have and have notbeen blessed with the gift you, myself and others hope to have. I hope that the gift you hope for will be granted to you, if it's God's will (He's knows what's best for each of us); if not, then I hope & pray that He'll bless you with an even better gift than the one you desired and hoped for. :)
   May God's love for you fill your heart and mind with His comfort and peace, my friend.

- Roger

 

Post a Comment

<< Home