I Want To Marry Nyquil!
So, after a day and a bit, I do feel better about the whole seeing someone (indicated in the last post). I've had a chance to vent to a couple people (thank you to those who truly listened and kept drilling the point home....it's needed with my stubborn german head).
I need to stick with the original plan/thought/help that I had before. That is, I just need to trust God and move on. It's harder than it sounds, but I know that God will help me out. God will help me to move one, and He will be the one to bring me the right guy. I'm so glad I have Him to help me out, because over the last few days I've come to realize that I cannot tackle it on my own. Besides, I shouldn't make myself when He's more that willing to be there right beside me.
Anyways, so enough about that. So I'm home now, but not without some adventures. So I left Campbell River Tuesday morning. It was a sad good-bye, but I know that if I hadn't done it then, then I would not have been able to leave on my own accord. It also helped that I had plans with other friends for that afternoon in Victoria. That's right, I drove to Victoria to visit my friend Chrissy and Britt. The plan was to stay with Chrissy on the NAVY base.
Well, that went awry when we showed up to the base after 11pm. They don't let civilians on base after 11pm. I would be a civilian. Well, after much debate about whether I would stay in a motel and who would pay for it, we decided to sleep in the car. Together (she could have gone back on base, but didn't cuz I wouldn't dream of sleeping in my car alone).
Well, we couldn't just sleep anywhere. We needed porta-potties, and a place where we would not get in trouble (parking lots are usually out of the question). So, a rest area seemed the perfect solution. But to find a rest area we drove around for another hour looking for one.
Finally finding one, we settle in for the night. It just so happened it was on top of the Malahat (it would be a summit of highway 1 going into Victoria from the north). It was magnificent. The stars were out and it was so peaceful. A little chilly, but that's okay (probably why I'm sick now though...hence the nyquil).
It was fun, until we had to get up at 5am to get back onto the base. But then we slept for another hour on base until Chrissy had to get up for work.
Chrissy and I always manage to have an adventure. Whether it's cutting my elbow on the dresser, or sleeping on the Malahat, it's never short of interesting (or funny for that matter).


1 Comments:
I would be careful, Nyquill can get very addictive, like caffine (Mountain Dew Energy where would I be without you)
Post a Comment
<< Home