Thursday, February 02, 2006

Good or Bad? You Decide. . .

So, I have spent the last 3 days in bed. So far you might decide that this is not such a bad thing. Who wouldn't want to spend 3 days in bed - no commitments, dramas, homework, NO SCHOOL! etc.

Well, let me elaborate. I have been in bed for 3 days because of a horrible horrible cold that my sister gave me. You might be thinking, "what's so bad about a cold? Take some medication, you'll be fine to go about your day." However, this was no ordinary cold. This was the cold from...well, use your imaginations. I was literally bedridden for 2 days. I didn't get off the couch (except to use the washroom - kind of a necessity don't ya think?) until last night. I decided last night I needed human interaction, so I went on messenger. And it was bliss (even if it was just eric...kidding...vince was on too).

But back to what made this so aweful. I got this horrible fever that caused my body to ache and me to have delusions. Well, maybe they were, maybe they weren't. With my mom at work I didn't have the chance to get these images confirmed or not (one was a little girl dressed as a little devil - as if it were halloween - and the other was a man screaming down the street as if the world was going to end. Wait. That's happened before, that was probably reality). But in all seriousness, I dont' remember much from Tuesday. A few phone calls, but I don't remember the convos very well. Maybe a lot of sleep that day? I don't remember. I would have fit in very well at Neal's party Tuesday night (giggle).

Well, today (Thursday) I decide I need to go in to school at least today because I cannot afford to miss an entire week of school. I was also going to miss Friday because of my dental surgery. More yucky stuff. I get to school and find myself exhausted just from driving. So after paying tuition, I go home and go back to bed. Yeah, having the worst cold in history I am also about to go into dental surgery. Or am I?

I get a phone call this morning. "Oh you're sick with a really bad cold? Well I need to check if that's ok with the doctor." Like I have a choice about being sick...duh! Anyways, after a few hours I find out that they do not want to do the surgery because I'm sick and they don't like doing this on sick people. So I'm outta that commitment. But the question is, Is it what I really wanted?

For one, if I did it tomorrow, I wouldn't be any more out of commission than I already am. It would be over and done with.

However, considering I didn't want the stupid procedure done to me to begin with (funny how doctors have a way of conveniently leaving out certain info), I don't have to have it tomorrow. But I do have to have it eventually.

AHH! So frustrated (but I'm hopefully going to be back at school tomorrow to see everyone...yay me!)

I'm so in need of human interaction. Help!

1 Comments:

At 2/04/2006 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand your need for human interaction...that much time alone would make the sickest person nuts

 

Post a Comment

<< Home